Thursday, April 16, 2009

So sometimes, just for fun, we will give the kids the camera. It gives them a chance to be creative, have some fun, and feel grown up because they know if they break the camera they will be busted. I was downloading the pictures off the camera and ran across a few that were taken without our knowledge:
At first it looked like it was one of the girls. After all "the Jonas Brothers are sooooo cute." Then there is Zak Effron, Please please, please can we watch High School Musical just one more time??? Again not really a boy thing
But then the light dawns and the photographer reveals his other interests....Ian brought this plant home from school. ( it was just a bulb in a bag with a few leaves on it) His teacher told him it was a dried up carrot. I of course realized what it was. I have a little experience with iris bulbs... a story for another time. After explaining it was an iris bulb I had to prove it by showing Ian pictures online. Apparently, a teachers word is the gospel truth and when the teacher says its a dried up carrot, it is very hard to convince the child of anything different.

By the time I got to this picture it was obvious Ian was the photographer:
It is his Star of the Week poster from Kindergarten. He has it hanging in his room.
And what photo shoot is complete without a self portrait! Well, with such short arms I think this is the best he could do. I know it's hard to tell but I can make out his long stragly bangs.



Sometimes we find videos on the camera too. I will have to find the one where Anna is lip singing and dancing to Hannah Montana's "7 things I hate about you!" I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!


1 comment:

Cyndie said...

The self portrait is DEFINITELY my favorite. No, seriously. And the other pics are pages from the girls magazines? Funny. I love it.