Sunday, April 5, 2009

I hope they call me on a mission

Last Thursaday the young men and women went to the temple in St. George to do baptisms. It was a mad rushed day for me and at the last minute I grabbed subway and shoved them into the Johnson family van and heaved a sigh of releif that one more thing was crossed off my list. There was a van full of kids and I was a little glad it was the Johnson's driving and not me.
I think there are times when I wonder how my kids really behave when I am not around, I mean here they were going off with friends on what should be a very spiritual trip... Would it really end up that way? It would be nice because it was Brooke's first time going. That night when Andrew and Brooke came home they told us how much fun it was and how they got shakes from Iceberg and how Cameron dropped his. Brooke talked about how annoying the boys in the back seat were being and how everyone was goofing off. So much for spirituality.
I went to work the next morning and Tonya was looking at the pictures that Cameron took of the trip. And there it was, a wonderful picture thatmade my heart smile because I was not there to "make" him pose for it!
At Some point they actually looked at the temple...
They went into the visitors center and looked at the displays, saw the words written on the wall.



And so there is a part of me that hopes it was more than just goofing off and making a mess of the Johnson van.

1 comment:

Cyndie said...

I am personally of the opinion that spiritual experiences go best with ice cream, and a little bit of goofing around. I mean, come on, let's not underestimate the fact that you have a picture of Andrew - not making a goofy face, not hiding, not ducking. He actually looks happy. And he's standing in front of the Christus. Some people may not know what a wonder this is, but I've seen you try to take a picture of Andrew. Forget spiritual experience, this is a MIRACLE!