Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tricked into Talent

Okay so this is one of the many reasons I am probably going to the hottest place in the universe when I die. Anna told us she had a band concert, and we always support our kids in their many talents and adventures. Her statement was just a tiny bit misleading. It was actually a talent show. If I had known I would have brought treats to enjoy while I mercilessly mocked the poor kids. That's right... I am horrible... I mock children who are trying to perform on stage. {not out loud or in front of them though... that would just be cruel!!!} See I told you I was going down there.

Don't get me wrong they all really tried hard and some of the kids were fabulous. But in my mind I could only think of the top 6 things I learned at the Talent Show:

#6 There are no good trombone solo lead pieces. Not really the kids fault.

#5 A tiny little girl, playing a tiny blue violin can memorize a piece of music and perform it with out me finding anything to mock about it. Seriously she was awesome!!

#4 Kids who perform without sheet music ROCK!!! {there were like 5 kids who were able to do this}

#3 Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey even when you are trying to adjust a mic!!! Thank you man in the audience who had to help out a few times!!

#2 Never let not having money for a music program stop you from performing. The Drum Class used chairs and wrote their own music... They called it "musical chairs" ...hehehehe.

And the #1 thing I learned at the talent show is:

Even if you think you rock when you are singing a pop song at home with the music...remember...please, remember... NO ONE sounds good singing A Capella!!!

So for those who were not there I'm posting Anna's part.As luck would have it she performed last so we got to see the entire show! Hurray! { I think they did that on purpose knowing I would have left right after she performed} Look how long her hair has gotten!!

1 comment:

Mariel said...

Whew! Is that your jewelry posted below?? You're quite talented!

Just stumbled on your blog...

Mariel
www.oneshetwoshe.com